Wednesday, August 28, 2013

OMIGADUGUYS I'm Getting Married! - Wedding Belle's Proposal

OMIGADUGUYS I'm Getting Married! 
And it only took 7 years and the threat of his younger sister tying the knot before him to get that fire lit.

Wedding Belle's Proposal

When we officially came out on Facebook as "Engaged" I had a hundred people ask me, "How did he propose?!?" - "OMG what was the proposal like?" I wish I had some grand story about the beach at sunset or a baseball game jumbotron Kiss Cam turned proposal, but alas after 7 years I'll take what I can get!


Here's the story: I'd been dropping not so subtle hints since my Grad School graduation that it was time to either poop or get off the pot if ya' know what I mean. He obviously was not catching the drift of my metaphor, and my hints were falling on deaf ears. I had very bitterly given up and just assumed that I was going to be "that girl" with the common law-live in-more than boyfriend-but not husbanded-babydaddy and that was that.

Then one day he calls me out of the blue and says, "Soooooo... My sister's boyfriend just asked her to marry him, and they're getting married in August of next year. So someone needs to get their sh*t together, 'cause we need to get married before them or everyone will be broke and we'll get all the crappy presents."

I'm sorry - What?!? "...someone needs to get their sh*t together...?"!!!!! I have a Master's Degree. I have a good job. I am emotionally and MENTALLY STABLE AND READY TO COMMIT TO A MARRIAGE!!!!!!!! WHO exactly needs to get their sh*t together?!?!?!?


So the very next day I went to David's Bridal, and got my shiz together. I sent him this photo text as I left that simply read, "Just so you know, I'm ready to get married whenever."




And that is the story I get to tell my grandchildren of how Grandpa proposed to Mamaw -Excellent.

1 comment: